How do I add another mailbox in Outlook?
This is an article for adding a mailbox inside your existing Outlook Profile. For adding another mailbox as a separate profile (where you will be prompted when opening Outlook to choose a profile) please see How do I add a mailbox in Outlook as a separate profile?
Purdue Calumet has recently migrated to Exchange 2010 which gives users better ways to manage their account and mailboxes in Outlook Web Access. Although this has been available in the desktop client for some time, this is a new feature for the Web Access client. The steps below will show you how to add another mailbox in both the Outlook Desktop and Outlook Web Access clients.
1. In Outlook, choose the File tab, then the Info section (this should be the section you see by default). Choose Account Settings, then Account settings, again.
2. On the Account Settings window, choose the Data Files tab. Select your primary mailbox in the list (it will most likely have your name) and click the Settings... button.
3. In the Settings window, choose the Advanced tab and then click the Add... button.
4. In the Add Mailbox window, type in the name of the mailbox you want to open and click OK.
Note: If there are several mailboxes that match the name, you will be presented with another window asking you to pick the correct mailbox.
5. In the Settings window, you will now see your mailbox. Click OK.
6. In your navigation pane, you should now see the mailbox. Click the arrow that is immediately to the left of the name to expand it.
1. Right click your mailbox name (most likely your own name) and choose Open Other User’s Inbox… from the menu that appears.
2. Type in the email address of the inbox you want to open and click OK.
3. The email address will resolve and display the mailbox name. Click OK again.
4. The mailbox should now be displayed in your navigation pane.